Sunday, July 18, 2010

Discrimination

There is a sound sentence spoken by a famous person( I could not remember who), there is only one race in the world with is Human Race. And Micheal Jackson has once sang "Heal the world, make it a better day, for you and for me and the entire Human Race~~". The nations and the world are putting effort to promote the oneness in human race.
Well... nice spoken! But, action speaks louder than words. Needless to talk about blackploitation from world view, we actually experience everyday and may practice in our real life. Getting the focus into the small apartment in subang jaya, C**S**, here i had direct and indirect experience of discrimination.
  • Racial Discrimination
Discrimination. In a situation where you are treated alone, you will not feel it, but when there is another one who is in the same circumstance with you but treated differently, you will feel it. In an Indian-operating restaurant, in a motive to treat my friend who was going to leave soon, i was treated differently in term of food's price. I did not intend to purchase any food there but to treat my friend only. When I ask for the price of the food my friend purchased, the bos charged me rm 5 each. In the amidst where i was taking my money out from pocket, my friend came and stopped me from footing her bill. In the next second which i could still vividly remember until now, she asked for the price as i did but get the food purchased with rm4. An exact one ringgit different. Same circumstance, same status (as customer), same courtesy and same age( probably it would matter), but different treatment. Why? Is it because I'm Chinese, and she is Indian? It might also happens in Chinese restaurant where the other races are discriminated against in term of price.
  • Citizenship discrimination

In the other Malaysia-operating restaurant, I had indirectly experienced discrimination that made me upset. However this was entirely different from the previous experience. My housemate and I went into the restaurant, I purchased economic rice which was already prepared and my friend ordered" ginger chicken rice" While waiting for the food, i noticed that there are two Korean girls were grumbling softly of the inefficient service, one of them kept on telling the other that she was hungry. I asked for how long had they waited, they told me One hour long..I was @$%&*(%&^%*( ( I could not stand with injustice). The girl, after mustered her courage, she moved forward to ask again. The bos replied the food will come in one minute soon, yet, his expression revealed that he was not prepared the food which was ordered one hour ago. The most suspicious action was he took orders from them again. I was totally puzzled and i gave some snack that i had just bought to the two girls. Who knows, my friend's dish came before them, i was again pity of the girls..... Why? Just because they are foreigners they should be treated like that? I did not want to have you treat me "better" than foreigners ? I would not feel extra credited..Bos, be fair pls!

There are still a lot of discrimination types happens around us. The common one would the two that I've mentioned above, sex discrimination, beauty discrimination and so on..... Quoted from Ip man, " Today i'm here not to prove that Chinese martial is better than western boxing, but IM here to prove that although people have different social status in society, but they are deserved of your respect". We should not see people according to their status because we are actually positioning the same in race status which is human race. Open your eyes and mind! together we heal the world with the belief of one race, which is Human race.

No comments:

Post a Comment