Friday, February 24, 2012

Internship at my hometown

Today marked the end of my more-than-three-weeks internship in TCHC& Co. It is not a big firm which has a lot of employee.It only comprises two clerks plus me and the employer, Ms Khoo. Today there was not much works as compared to previous weeks. My work was rather simple today, basically i was waiting for the time to pass, walking around and glancing around Kakak's action with caution in order to make sure she did not realize me doing nothing.

For the past three weeks, I have been going through an indescribable comfortable stage, i.e. being particularly cautious and emotionless. For every step, every breath and every move I undertake, i just need to make sure i have the reason to explain when she suddenly asked.

Yesterday, which was the day before my last day, I was asked by her why i didnt use her computer. The computer was just finished repaired like two days ago and I have been using my own laptop before it was repaired. All of the documents were saved in my own laptop instead of her. That's the reason why i find using my own laptop is more convenient. The argument was kicked up thrice as to which i tried to explain in a more diplomatic and assertive way. Until now, I still insist that Im not wrong, I know better than her ( even though she is the employer) which way works the best for me. She was mad at my action for the first time. For the second time, she came out and shouted in front of me. Hurt,  I successfully suppressed my sadness and managed to finish my assigned work on time.  For the third time, which was before i left, I entered her room and tried to apologies to her ( although i know i was right, i just want to soothe away her temper and leave her a good feeling i left). But things did not turn out in the way i wanted it to be, although it did not get worse, it was still not the ending i want. .........At least, I had said what i wanted to say to my action.

Today, things did not get better. It was just another ordinary working day like the past few days. Once she stepped into the office, the atmosphere was automatically transformed into stern from a merry one. So, time for me to shut up and be serious.

Three weeks of  endurance and hardship were gone. The good which has enriched my knowledge and the bad which has strengthened my spirit. I picked up from every strange noun to find out the meaning/ importance of the document, googled on every step/procedure of the execution so that i wont miss anything in between, checked on the similarities and differences of previous cases for my assigned work.....and some other cautious steps. I just tried and tried by sorting out the problem on my own since i know everyone is busy. On the time spent, I could not take any longer because the letter/ document might be needed soon. So, i picked up each information from the fail which mostly has halfway progressed just to find the status of the case. Which is more important than which? What is what? Who is who?  I just have to find out by browsing through a few documents within the short time, probably without asking.

It may sound very easy to some adults,  but not to me in three weeks ago. My dad and mom have been a great help, supporter, resource to me in these few days. They made me understand of the ongoing better than my bos's countable cum arrogantly- spoken -words.

At 5.47pm ( 5.45pm is the official office closing time), I thanked her and gave hugs to the two lovely kakaks. I fully appreciated their patience and generosity. They made me salute to Clerk especially clerk for a small firm. One step off the firm, i swore to myself that Im not going to be this kind of lawyer in future. No personal complication or what, it was my conscious affirmation to myself in the bottom of my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment